December 6 to December 22
Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice
Book by Linda Woolverton
1994 Tony Award Nominee for Best Musical,
Best Book for a Musical, and Best Original Score
Recommended for All Audiences
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is a musical story of love, adventure, and redemption. The book was written by Linda Woolverton with music by Alan Menken and lyrics by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice. Based on the award-winning 1991 animated film by Walt Disney Animation Studios and the original French fairytale by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont, this story reminds us that true beauty lies within. A young and selfish prince, obsessed with beauty, is cursed by an Enchantress until he can learn its true meaning. In a small French village, the beautiful but strange Belle dreams of adventures like the ones she’s always reading about in books. When Belle discovers that her father has been imprisoned by a beast in an enchanted castle, she courageously trades herself for her father’s freedom. But perhaps Belle’s dreams are about to come true in a way she never expected. Can true love break the curse?
Join the fun at EPAC and watch the Beast battle the beast within!
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc., New York.
EPAC would like to thank our wonderful sponsors who made this show possible.
- EPAC’s Opening Night Party Sponsor is The Hill
- EPAC’s Opening Night Performance Sponsor is Argires Marotti Neurosurgical Associates of Lancaster
- EPAC’s Cogsworth Sponsor is National Association of Watch and Clock Museum
- EPAC’s Show Sponsors are Ephrata National Bank and Clark Associates Companies
- EPAC’s Co-Sponsor is Mortgage Bank America
- EPAC’s Cogsworth Sponsor is NAWCC/National Watch and Clock Museum – We share the stories of TIME.
- EPAC’s Closing Night Sponsors are David Lyall & Douglas Smith.
- EPAC’s Individual Show Sponsors are Louise and Ken Hess.
- EPAC’s Special Sponsor for the Beast is Brownstown Animal Hospital
- EPAC’s Special Sponsor for Belle is John and Bobbie Bear.
- EPAC’s Special Sponsor for Gaston is Sword and Shield Productions
- EPAC’s Special Sponsor for Mrs. Potts is The Groves Retirement Home
- EPAC’s 2018 season sponsor is 12:34 MicroTechnologies.
- EPAC’s 2018 season sponsor is Commonwealth Charter Academy — CCA.
- EPAC’s 2018 season media sponsor is Blue Ridge Communications.
Win a keepsake poster commemorating Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
You could be the lucky winner of a limited edition original piece of art signed by the entire cast and crew! Yes, one of these limited pieces will be secured and signed by the entire cast and crew of EPAC’s production of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
This special legacy piece is going to be raffled during the run of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast with the drawing to be held closing day, December 22. You need not be present to win! Raffle tickets will be sold 1 for $5, 3 for $10, and 8 for $20, with all proceeds benefiting the Ephrata Performing Arts Center, your home for theater that matters!