EPAC on The Edge is announcing auditions for their 2019 Season.
- Significant Other by Joshua Harmon, directed by Alexander P. Bannon, which plays Saturday, June 22, 2019
- Bull in a China Shop by Bryna Turner, directed by Cody Allyn Page, which plays Sunday, June 23, 2019
A full character breakdown of both shows is provided below.
Rehearsals will begin immediately after callbacks, 2 – 4 rehearsals a week. The shows will be performed with full staging – actors will have scripts in hand.
Please email series producer, Alexander P. Bannon, at email@example.com with any questions.
Significant Other Character Breakdown:
- Jordan: Male, 25-30 neurotic, but extremely lovable and incredibly loyal; he’s a talker; prone to loneliness, he likes to be around other people; left to his own devices, he can be a mess; Jewish. A great comedic actor. Lead Role. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Laura: Female, 25-30 the epitome of the best friend; warm and caring; vibrant in her own right, but thinks of herself as more suited to friendship than romantic love. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Vanessa: Female, 25-30 very salty; tends to see the glass half-empty until she unexpectedly finds love; with love comes all the things she swore she never wanted in life, like marriage. A great comedic actress. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Kiki: Female, 25-30 a no-filter girl; relishes her role as the audacious one of the group; Jewish. A stellar comedic role that requires the right balance of intelligence and warmth. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Helene: Female, 50+ (to play 80s); Jordan’’s grandmother; though maybe not as sharp as she once was, she is still very smart and quick-witted; has a lot of wisdom and life lessons to share; Jewish. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Will/Conrad/Tony: Male, 25-30 plays either the love interest or obsession of several characters in the play. All the characters are very handsome and smart. A versatile actor who is great with comedy. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Zach/Evan/Roger: Male, 25-30 a great character actor who is adept at playing multiple roles. Plays both the chatty, gay coworker and the straight love interests. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
Bull In A China Shop Character Breakdown:
- Mary Woolley: Female, 30s-40’s,The newly minted President of a regional women’s seminary. She has the swagger of a gunslinger buttoned into an ankle-length dress. Passionate and persuasive, she’s able to win over a hostile room. Unafraid of conflict but capable of compromise. Forthright and direct, she is a caring and dedicated romantic partner to her former student, Jeannette Marks. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Jeannette Marks: Female, 30’s, english teacher and founder of theater department at Mount Holyoke College. She has moxie, is impatient, and is afraid of becoming irrelevant. In love with Mary. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Pearl: Female, 20’s, fan girl of Mary & Jeannette’s relationship, smart, impulsive, prone to fits of passion. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Felicity: Female, 30’s. Female. A part of the new generation of professors Woolley is instilling at Holyoke. Passionate and open-minded. Marks’ confidante and peer. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered
- Dean Welsh: Female, 40-70’s, The long-standing Dean of a regional women’s seminary. A tight-lipped New England type who navigates conflict expertly and keeps her cards close. An old guard of the institution, she is suspicious of change. She has gotten very far with diplomacy and tight smiles. ETHNICITY: All Ethnicities Considered