July 19 – August 4
Based on a Conception of Jerome Robbins
Book by Arthur Laurents
Music by Leonard Bernstein
Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Entire Original Production Directed and Choreographed by Jerome Robbins
1958 Best Musical Tony Nominee
Recommended for Teen and Adult Audiences
West Side Story is an epic fan-favorite musical written by Arthur Laurents with music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and concept and choreography by Jerome Robbins. Teen rival gangs, the Jets and the Sharks, face more than turf wars in 1950s New York. They must confront the racism between whites and Puerto Ricans that tears them – and the city – apart.
Based on Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, a forbidden romance buds between a boy and girl from the different gangs. Can their colorblind love overcome the racial tensions and mend the feud? The intense choreographed fights, the light comedic slice-of-life, and the heartwarming young love will keep the audience on the edge of their seats and singing into the night.
West Side Story is presented by special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by
421 West 54 th Street
New York, NY 10019
Tel.: (212) 541-4684
Fax: (212) 397-4684
- EPAC would like to thank our wonderful sponsors who made this show possible.
- EPAC’s Opening Night Party Sponsor is The Hill
- EPAC’s Show Co-sponsors are Hagelgans & Veronis and The Hill
- EPAC’s Opening Night Sponsor is John and Bobbi Bear
- EPAC’s Individual Performance Sponsor, for July 21st is Karl and Marilyn Soutner
- EPAC’s 2018 season sponsor is 12:34 MicroTechnologies.
- EPAC’s 2018 season sponsor is Commonwealth Charter Academy — CCA.
- EPAC’s 2018 season media sponsor is Blue Ridge Communications.